Quick, easy, delicious gluten-free Valentine’s Day desserts
It’s Valentine’s Day, the perfect day to show appreciation to your loved ones. But just because this year Valentine’s Day is on a weekend doesn’t necessarily make it easier to find time to celebrate. Between work and school and appointments and those dreaded winter colds and flu, every family is busy and strapped for time. No matter what day of the week Valentine’s Day is, it can be tough to find time to make and serve a delicious gluten-free dessert to celebrate the holiday. Luckily, Glutino’s wide selection of sweet treats makes making dessert much easier. Try these fun gluten-free Valentine’s Day dessert ideas below—all of them are perfect for busy families, as they take very little time to make!
Got extra time? Make them fancy:
- Dip half the Pretzel Twists in chocolate; sprinkle sprinkles onto the chocolate
- Make Fudge Pretzel sandwiches by layering a thick peanut butter on the backside of one Fudge Pretzel, and then placing the backside of another Fudge Pretzel on top. (Chocolate and peanut butter really is the best combo!)
Chocolate Fondue with Dippers
Dip into some fun this Valentine’s Day! Melt chocolate in a fondue pot or a pot on the stove. Serve with the following gluten-free treats for dipping:
- Fresh fruit, like pineapple chunks and strawberries
- Glutino’s Pretzel Sticks
- Glutino’s Chocolate Vanilla Crème Cookies
- Glutino’s original Animal Crackers
Got extra chocolate left? Make an easy snack for later.
- Place wax paper on a plate.
- Dip strawberries into any leftover chocolate fondue.
- Place them on the wax-papered plate, and put them in the fridge.
- Now you have a tasty treat for tomorrow, too!
Ice Cream Sundae Bar
Your family will love this fun idea! Buy several pints of gluten-free ice cream, like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and any other flavors your family craves. Arrange them on the counter alongside toppings like:
- Glutino Chocolate Covered Wafer Bites
- Glutino Pretzel Sticks (Think ice cream and pretzels together is weird? Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it; this is one of my favorite combinations!)
- Your favorite gluten-free chocolate sauce
- Gluten-free sprinkles, such as India Tree sprinkles (found at Whole Foods)
- An assortment of berries
- Chocolate or carob chips
- Mini marshmallows, like Kraft Jet-Puffed
Invite your family to use the “ice cream buffet” and make their own gluten-free sundae!
You normally think of bruschetta as a savory dish, but here’s a recipe for a sweeter version!
- Take Glutino’s Cinnamon and Sugar Bagel Chips and arrange them on a microwave-safe plate
- Top each with a square of gluten-free chocolate. Microwave until chocolate is softened but not runny.
- Slice some strawberries, and put 1-2 slices of strawberry on top of the chocolate on each bagel chip
- Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and serve!
What delicious gluten-free dessert are you serving up this Valentine’s Day? Leave a note in the comments below and let me know!
Disclaimer: The Glutino products mentioned in this article were provided to me for review purposes. Under no circumstances has this affected the integrity of the article. If I didn’t love it, I wouldn’t cover it here. See my personal disclaimer for more details.