Healthy, delicious gluten-free beverages to share and enjoy this Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is in just a few days–it’s this Sunday, May 8. If your mom (or other special woman in your life, like your aunt or grandmother) is the kind of lady who has everything, it may be best to stay away from the traditional ways of showing her you love her (flowers, chocolate, and breakfast in bed are all sweet ideas, but a little cliche) and choose another way to show your appreciation. Why not take her for a fun day out (see below for some fun ideas)? The gift of time is the best gift of all, and she will love being able to spend the day with you.
But of course, you can’t go out on the town on totally empty stomachs! So when you arrive to pick her up for your special day out, bring over a beverage that will help you both get a great start to the day. These recipes, featuring Almond Breeze almondmilk, come from LA-based lifestyle caterer HAUTEFoodie and are recommended by Olympic beach volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings, who is a dedicated mom of three children (and also dedicated to training for her fourth Olympic gold medal).
Tip: Buy a nice reusable bottle to serve the beverage in, and tell your mom it’s hers to keep!
Blend the following ingredients until smooth:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful kale or spinach
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats
- 1 scoop of gluten-free protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
Created by HAUTEFoodie for Kerri Walsh Jennings/Blue Diamond.
Awaken (cold coffee beverage)
- 6-8 oz. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
- 1-2 cups chilled organic coffee (regular or decaf your choice)
- 2 tablespoons organic agave nectar
- 3 dates
- 2 ½ teaspoons organic gluten-free vanilla extract
- 5 dashes organic cinnamon
- Blend all items together at rapid speed in a blender.
- For a milkshake or smoothie version, add ice.
- Shake well and keep chilled.
- Enjoy within 3 days of making.
Recipe created by HAUTEFoodie.
Not sure where to take that special lady in your life this Mother’s Day? Consider these ideas…
- Your local zoo, aquarium, or botanical garden
- The outlets or mall, for a fun day of shopping
- The tennis courts, bowling alley, or mini golf course
- The local park for a walk and a picnic
- Go for a bike ride or a hike together
- Try a yoga, Pilates, or spin class together
- See a movie, baseball game, concert, or play
Thank you to Almond Breeze, HAUTEFoodie, and Kerri Walsh Jennings for these delish, easy-to-make beverage ideas! I hope you and your loved ones enjoy them on Mother’s Day and any other day you need a healthy pick-me-up to start your day.