Fun springtime food ideas, featuring Glutino–plus Earth-friendly tips!
The birds are chirping, the trees are budding, and the sun is finally here to stay for a while! It’s springtime, a joyous time of the year where everything seems more fun—including your food. This spring, why not add a little fun and whimsy to your meals and snacks?
And don’t forget, April 22 is Earth Day. So while you’re enjoying making your yummy, fun meals and treats, take a moment to think about how you can give back to our planet. Use the ideas below, using a variety of tasty Glutino products, for inspiration!
Make a cookie garden parfait:
- Place a cup of vanilla yogurt in a glass
- Crush two to three Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Crème Cookies; put the cookie pieces into the glass, layering them on top of the yogurt
- Add fun embellishments—try gluten-free Surf Sweets gummy worms, or add Welch’s fruit snacks
- Grab a spoon, dig in, and enjoy!
Love the Earth! Once you’ve eaten all your Glutino cookies, instead of throwing away the plastic tray that holds the cookies, repurpose it! Rinse it and use it as a kitchen or desk drawer organizer. Or, save the cookie tray for the next time your child paints; it would work as a great paint-mixing tray!
Have a gluten-free picnic!
- Make sandwiches using Glutino’s delicious Multigrain Bread and your favorite gluten-free cold cuts and cheeses (Boar’s Head and Applegate Organics have many gluten-free choices).
- Slice some vegetables (bell peppers, celery, and carrots) and pick some fresh, whole fruits (apples, bananas, and oranges all travel well)
- Choose a few yummy snacks, like Glutino’s Honey Mustard Pretzels and luscious Lemon Wafers
- Pick a variety of beverages, like bottled water, Snapple juices and iced teas, and fruit juice boxes
- Pack it all with ice or cold packs in an insulated cooler, grab a big blanket, and bring your family to your favorite park to enjoy lunch in the sunshine
Love the Earth! Don’t eat the ends of your bread? Once those ends are the only parts left of your loaf of bread, break them up into pieces and put them back into the bread bag. Bring the bag with you and feed some friendly ducks at the park.
Start your day deliciously!
- Build a yummy breakfast sandwich using Glutino’s Premium English Muffins, eggs, cheese, and your favorite breakfast meat
- Serve with a cup of hot coffee or chilled fruit juice
Love the Earth! Don’t discard the eggshells or egg carton! Use the eggshells as seed starters. Cut the egg carton in half and rest the eggshells in the carton for stability.
Make a fun appetizer or snack
- Build your own Pizza Bites using Glutino’s Original Bagel Chips
- On a microwave-safe plate, place bagel chips in a single layer
- Top each bagel chip with tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- Sprinkle a little shredded mozzarella cheese on top
- Microwave and enjoy!
Love the Earth! Don’t throw away the box after you’ve eaten all the bagel chips! Instead, recycle it. Consider starting additional recycle boxes at your home for paper and cardboard products.
Play with your food!
Let your creativity take flight with Glutino Pretzel Twists!
- Use them to make luscious Gluten Free Turtles
- Make these adorable butterfly bananas!
- Make Celery Butterflies using celery sticks, peanut butter, raisins, and Glutino Pretzel Twists for the wings!
Love the Earth! If you’re taking these snacks to a park or picnic, don’t put them in plastic baggies that get thrown away after one use. Instead, put them in washable plastic containers that you can reuse over and over again!
Disclaimer: Some of the products mentioned in this article were provided to me for review purposes. Under no circumstances has this affected the integrity of the article. If I didn’t love it, I wouldn’t cover it here. See my personal disclaimer for more details.
I first posted this article on Examiner.com.