Fun, creative, gluten-free ways to enjoy Dang toasted coconut chips
I love multitaskers.
When I say that, I don’t mean people (if you’re a person, it’s actually better to single-task—it’s more productive and can help you stay saner!). I mean things—specifically, yummy gluten-free things. If a gluten-free snack food can be used for more than just snacking, I consider that a win. And by that logic, Dang toasted coconut chips are an uber-win.
Dang’s toasted coconut chips are awesome because they’re a healthier gluten-free snack. They contain heart-healthy lauric acid, and may have other health-boosting benefits. They’re vegan, dairy-free, non-GMO, and a good source of fiber. They’re also super tasty, and they’ve become one of my favorite snack foods to munch on at work.
But what I really enjoy about Dang’s coconut chips is that you’re not limited to just eating them as a snack out of the bag. Read on for some fun, innovative ways to enjoy all five flavors of Dang coconut chips: Original Toasted, Caramel Sea Salt, Lightly Salted, Chili Lime, and (my favorite) Savory Bacon.
- Give your morning cereal a little pizzazz by sprinkling some Original Toasted coconut chips on top.
- You can also top overnight oats recipes with coconut chips—Caramel Sea Salt if you’re looking to add a touch of sweet flavor, or Original Toasted if you want to limit the sweetness.
- Top your salad with Savory Bacon coconut chips. A half-serving of these coconut chips is the perfect crunchy topping!
- If you’re making a traditional Thai soup, like this gluten-free Thai chicken soup, top it with a sprinkling of Lightly Salted coconut chips.
- Make your own gluten-free trail mix! Include your favorite dried fruits, gluten-free pretzels, chocolate or carob chips, and Original Toasted coconut chips.
- Need an afternoon pick-me-up? Eat the flavorful Chili Lime coconut chips straight out of the bag.
- Breading chicken tenders, fish, or shrimp? Consider crushing some Lightly Salted coconut chips and adding them to your gluten-free breading mix.
- If you’re making gluten-free macaroni and cheese, instead of topping it with breadcrumbs, finely crush some Savory Bacon coconut chips for the topping. Mmm, cheese and bacon!
- Making muffins? Just before you take your muffins out of the oven, sprinkle a few Caramel Sea Salt coconut chips atop each. Yum!
- Coconut chips make the perfect ice cream topping! Sprinkle Original Toasted or Savory Bacon (don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it!) on chocolate ice cream, or Caramel Sea Salt on vanilla or strawberry ice cream.
- Make Coconut Tapioca Pudding and top it with Lightly Salted coconut chips.
- Add crushed Caramel Sea Salt coconut chips to your favorite gluten-free cookie mix for added texture and flavor.
What interesting or unexpected ways do you like to enjoy coconut chips? Leave me a note in the comments and let me know!
Disclaimer: The Dang coconut chips mentioned in this article were provided to me for review purposes. Under no circumstances has this affected the integrity of the article. If I didn’t love it, I wouldn’t cover it here. See my personal disclaimer for more details.