Festive gluten-free holiday sugar cookies inspired by Glutino
‘Tis the season to be merry and bright—and that extends to baking, too. If you’re gluten-free, why not try whipping up a fun and festive dessert to share with your friends and family? Here’s an idea that will delight your loved ones: Merry Mint Sugar Cookies, inspired by Glutino.
How to make Merry Mint Sugar Cookies
These cookies are ridiculously easy to make. In addition to one box of Glutino Sugar Cookie mix, you only need a few other ingredients, and you likely already have them in your pantry!
For the cookies: One box of Glutino Sugar Cookie mix, plus the other ingredients the mix calls for: 2 large eggs, 6 tbsp butter or Earth Balance, and 1 tsp vanilla
For the frosting and decorations: Confectioner’s sugar, water, gluten-free vanilla, gluten-free mint extract, gluten-free red food coloring, and one bag of Glutino peppermint yogurt covered pretzels (you won’t use the whole bag for this recipe, so you’ll still have plenty of pretzels to snack on later!)
- Prepare cookies according to directions on sugar cookie mix box.
- Let cookies cool for 20 minutes after they’re done baking.
- Transfer cookies to festive holiday plates.
- Mix up your frosting. Mix a little water and some confectioner’s sugar until you reach your desired frosting consistency. Add a drop or two of vanilla, a drop of two of mint extract, and a few drops (I used 6) of red food coloring. Mix thoroughly so that flavors are evenly dispersed and frosting is evenly colored throughout.
- Frost your cookies. Spoon a little frosting onto each cookie; then use the back of the spoon to coat the cookie.
- While the frosting is still tacky, add a pop of festive flair by placing one Glutino peppermint yogurt covered pretzel on top of each cookie. Press it gently into the frosting to secure it.
How do they taste?
Glutino’s sugar cookie mix yields amazingly delicious cookies. Mine were more cake-like in texture, so I find them very filling. When I’m craving one, I eat just one, and leave the rest for others to enjoy—plus, it helps me not pig out on these sweet treats. The frosting adds an extra layer of sweetness that is lightly flavored with mint, and the peppermint yogurt covered pretzel is a tasty and fun cookie topper. The coating on these pretzels is a peppermint-vanilla flavor (the mint is not too intense)—a great complement to the cookie’s sweetly minty frosting.
Smart savings tip
Want to make these Glutino-inspired cookies for your holiday get-together? Before you go to the store to pick up your ingredients, be sure to grab a coupon for $1 off any Glutino product!
Disclaimer: The Glutino products mentioned in this article were provided to me for review purposes. Under no circumstances has this affected the integrity of the article. If I didn’t love it, I wouldn’t cover it here. See my personal disclaimer for more details.