Gluten-free fall breakfast ideas inspired by Glutino
Chilly fall mornings call for warm, delicious breakfasts. But even though breakfast is the most important meal of the day, many people don’t feel they have the time to make it. Luckily, there are some truly tasty, easy to make breakfast options available that are perfect for fall—and, of course, they’re gluten-free. Try one of these simple breakfast ideas to enjoy yourself or to delight your family, all inspired by Glutino!
Cozy Morning French Toast
No plain French toast here—this recipe calls for cinnamon raisin bread!
- 4 slices Glutino Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 3 egg whites (egg substitute is OK, too!)
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice (if you’re dairy-free, try original/unsweetened almond milk or rice milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (make sure to get a gluten-free brand, like McCormick)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, combine the following: eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend ingredients using a wire whisk.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with cooking spray, then heat it over medium-low heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg/milk mixture, coating it evenly.
- Place each slice of bread in the frying pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- Top with a pat of butter or non-dairy buttery spread like Earth Balance and a drizzle of all-natural maple syrup.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
These pancakes are given a seasonal twist with canned pumpkin!
- 2 cups Glutino Fluffy Pancake Mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ¼ cups cold water
- Lightly grease and preheat your frying pan to about 375 degrees (medium heat).
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the following ingredients together: pancake mix, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the water and canned pumpkin; stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- To make each pancake, pour just under ¼ cup batter onto the frying pan. Cook about a minute and a half on each side, turning once.
- Top with a drizzle of maple syrup or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Glutino Blueberry Frosted Toaster Pastry
The perfect sweet breakfast for when you’re really short on time!
Glutino’s new Blueberry Frosted Toaster Pastry is reminiscent of Pop Tarts—just, you know, without all that evil gluten. But I daresay these are better than Pop Tarts. Here’s why:
- They’re gluten-free!
- They’re packed with fruity filling that goes to nearly the edges of the pastry (when I was a kid and ate Pop Tarts, I always thought they had too much “crust”—not a problem here!)
- They smell delicious (you can smell the wonderful blueberry aroma as soon as you open the individually-wrapped package)…and they taste even yummier!
- They are seriously easy to make—you can make them in the toaster (just make sure to use a dedicated gluten-free toaster!) or in the microwave
- And they’re FROSTED! (Because frosting makes everything awesome.)
These delightful toaster pastries are brand new, so look for them in your local grocery store soon!
Which fall breakfast are you most looking forward to? Leave me a note in the comments below!
Disclaimer: A few of the products mentioned in this article were provided to me for review purposes. Under no circumstances has this affected the integrity of the article. If I didn’t love it, I wouldn’t cover it here. See my personal disclaimer for more details.